- Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China — Physics, B.S. 2008
- Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China — Physics, M.S. 2010
- West Virginia University, WV — Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Ph.D. 2015
- 2021-present: Assistant Professor, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, West Virginia University
- 2019-2021: Research Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, West Virginia University
- 2016-2019: Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, West Virginia University
- 2010-2011: Research Associate, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China
Project Relevant Publications
- W Li, Z Lü, X Zhu, B Guan, B Wei, C Guan, W Su. Effect of adding urea on performance of Cu/CeO2/yttria-stabilized zirconia anodes for solid oxide fuel cells prepared by impregnation method, Electrochim. Acta 56 (2011), 2230-6.
- W Li, M Gong, X Liu. H2 oxidation on doped yttrium chromites/yttrium stabilized zirconia anode of solid oxide fuel cell, J. Power Sources 241(2013), 494-501.
- W Li, M Gong, X Liu. Characterization of doped yttrium chromites as electrodes for solid oxide fuel cell by impedance method, J. Electrochemical Society 161 (2014), F551-60.
- B Guan, W Li, H Zhang, X Liu. Oxygen Reduction Reaction Kinetics in Sr-Doped La2NiO4+δ Ruddlesden-Popper Phase as Cathode for SOFC, J. Electrochem Soc. 162 (2015), F707-12.
- W Li, B Guan, J Yan, N Zhang, X Zhang, X Liu. Enhanced surface exchange activity and electrode performance of (La2−2xSr2x)(Ni1−xMnx)O4+δ cathode for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells, J. Power Sources 318 (2016), 178-83.
- W Li, B Guan, X Zhang, J Yan, Y Zhou, X Liu. New mechanistic insight into the oxygen reduction reaction on Ruddlesden–Popper cathodes for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 18 (2016), 8502-11.
- W Li, B Guan, M Liu, B Wei, X Zhu, Z Wang, Z Lü, On the limiting factor of impregnation methods for developing Cu/CeO2 anodes for solid oxide fuel cells, J. Solid State Electrochemistry 22(2018) 1735-43.
- W Li, B Guan, T Yang, N. Zhang, X Liu, On the bulk transport process and its impact on the electrode behavior of mixed conducting electrodes for SOFCs, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 19 (2018), 23218-28.
- Y Wang, W Li, L Ma, W Li, X Liu, Degradation of solid oxide electrolysis cells: phenomena, mechanisms, and emerging mitigation strategies–a review, Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 55 (2020) 35-55.
- H Qi, YL Lee, T Yang, W Li, W Li, L Ma, S Hu, Y Duan, GA Hackett, X Liu, Positive Effects of H2O on the Hydrogen Oxidation Reaction on Sr2Fe1.5Mo0.5O6−δ-Based Perovskite Anodes for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, ACS Catalysis 10 (2020), 5567-5578.
- W Li, B Guan, L Ma, S Hu, N Zhang, X Liu. High performance triple-conductive Pr2NiO4 anode for proton-conducting steam solid oxide electrolysis cell, J. Mater. Chem. A, 37 (2018) 18057-18066.
- W Li, B Guan, L Ma, H Tian, X Liu, Synergistic Coupling of Proton-Conductors BaZr0.1Ce0.7Y0.1Yb0.1O3-δ and La2Ce2O7 to Create Chemical Stable, Interface Active Electrolyte for Steam Electrolysis Cells, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 20(2019) 18323-30.
- F Hao, Y Gao, L Neal, RB Dudek, W Li, C Chung, B Guan, P Liu, X Liu, Sodium tungstate-promoted CaMnO3 as an effective, phase-transition redox catalyst for redox oxidative cracking of cyclohexane, Journal of Catalysis 385 (2020), 213-223.
- Y Wang, L Ma, W Li, W Li, X Liu, High-temperature mixed potential CO gas sensor for in-situ combustion control, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 38 (2020), 20101-20110.
- X Chen, W Li, Y Xu, Z Zeng, H Tian, M Velayutham, W Shi, W Li, C Wang, Charging activation and desulfurization of MnS unlock the active sites and electrochemical reactivity for Zn-ion batteries, Nano Energy 75 (2020), 104869.
- J Yan, X Liu, H Qi, W Li, Y Zhou, M Yao, B Li. High-Performance Lithium-Sulfur Batteries with a Cost-Effective Carbon Paper Electrode and High Sulfur-Loading, Chemistry of Materials 27 (2015), 6394-401.
- T Yang, J Liu, Y Lei, W Li, T Cheng, H Finklea, Y Wen, X Liu, H Abernathy, S Lee, T Kalapos, G Hackett, Investigation of LSM-YSZ Composite Cathode Performance Degradation with a Multistep Charge Transfer Model, J. Electrochem Society 166 (2019), F448-57.
- Z Cao, B Wei, J Miao, Z Lü, W Li, Y Zhang. Efficient electrolysis of CO2 in symmetrical solid oxide electrolysis cell with highly active La0.3Sr0.7Fe0.7Ti0.3O3 electrode material, Electrochem. Commun. 69 (2016), 80-3.
- Journal reviewer: J. Power Sources, J. Electrochem. Soc, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, Electrochimica Acta, Electrochem. comm, J. Mate. Sci., Ceramics International, J. solid-state Electrochem, J. Alloys and Compounds, Energy Technology, Energy & Fuels, J. Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Fuel Cells, Catalysis Today, Ionics, ACS Appl. Mate
- Electrochemical Society
- American Ceramic society
Collaborators and Other Affiliates
- University: CSM, NCSU, Mansoura U (Egypt), Upenn, UCLA-San Diego
- National lab: NETL, INL, NREL, ORNL, LANL,
- Industry: GE, EcoCatalytic Tech, Fuelcell Energy, Bloom Energy, Atrex Energy.