B.S., Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics, 2001 — Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia
M.S. Physics, 2003 — Umeå University, Umeå, Sweden
M.S., Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics, 2003 — Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
M.S., Engineering Physics 2004 — Umeå University
Phil. Licentiate in Theoretical/Nonlinear Physics, 2005 — Umeå University
C.S. (Ph.D. equivalent), Physics and Mathematics, 2006 — Nuclear Safety Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Ph.D., Theoretical/Nonlinear Physics 2007 — Umeå University
2012-present: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, West Virginia University
2008-2012: Research Staff Member, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University
2007-2008: Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Turbulence Research, Stanford University
2007: Visiting Researcher, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
Project Relevant Publications
- D. Valiev, V. Akkerman, M. Kuznetsov, L.-E. Eriksson, C.K. Law, V. Bychkov, Influence of Gas Compression on Flame Acceleration in the Early Stage of Burning in Tubes, Combustion and Flame, Vol. 160, No. 1, pp. 97-111 (2013).
- V. Akkerman, C.K. Law, V. Bychkov, L.-E. Eriksson, Analysis of Flame Acceleration Induced by Wall Friction in Open Tubes, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 22, No. 5, p. 053606 (2010).
- D. Valiev, V. Bychkov, V. Akkerman, C.K. Law, L.-E. Eriksson, Flame Acceleration in Channels with Obstacles in the DDT, Combustion and Flame, Vol. 157, No. 5, pp. 1012-1021 (2010).
- D. Valiev, V. Bychkov, V. Akkerman, L.-E. Eriksson, Different Stages of Flame Acceleration from Slow Burning to CJ Deflagration, Physical Review E, Vol. 80, No. 3, p. 036317 (2009).
- V. Akkerman, V. Bychkov, A. Petchenko, L.-E. Eriksson, Accelerating Flames in Cylindrical Tubes with Non-Slip at the Walls, Combustion and Flame, Vol. 145, No. 1-2, pp. 206–219 (2006).
- V. Akkerman, C. Law, V. Bychkov, Self-Similar Accelerative Propagation of Expanding Wrinkled Flames and Explosion Triggering, Physical Review E, Vol. 83, No. 2, p. 026305 (2011).
- V. Bychkov, P. Matyba, V. Akkerman, M. Modestov, D. Valiev, G. Brodin, C.K. Law, M. Marklund, L. Edman, Speedup of Doping Fronts in Organic Semiconductors through Plasma Instability, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 107, No. 1, p. 016103 (2011).
- V. Akkerman, V. Bychkov, L.-E. Eriksson, Numerical Study of Turbulent Flame Velocity, Combustion and Flame, Vol. 151, No. 3, pp. 452–471 (2007).
- A. Petchenko, V. Bychkov, V. Akkerman, L.-E. Eriksson, Violent Folding of a Flame Front in a Flame-Acoustic Resonance, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 97, No. 16, p. 164501 (2006).
- V. Akkerman, V. Bychkov, Velocity of Weakly Turbulent Flames of Finite Thickness, Combustion Theory and Modelling, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 323-351 (2005).
- Member: APS, ASME, The Combustion Institute.
- Organizer and primary speaker of minisymposium “Multi-Discipline Advances in Combustion Tubes” as a part of the SIAM 14th International Conference on Numerical Combustion (San Antonio, TX, USA, April 8–10, 2013).
- Section chair at the 31st International Pittsburgh Coal Conference (Pittsburgh, PA, Oct 6–9, 2014) and the 38th ESS-Combustion Institute Technical Meeting (Storrs, CT, USA, Oct. 9–12, 2011).
- Journal referee work: Physical Review E, Physical Review Letters, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Combustion and Flame, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, FUEL, Physics of Fluids, Energy and Fuels, Fire Safety Journal, Combustion Theory and Modelling, Physics of Plasmas, Combustion Science and Technology, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering Science, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Journal of Power and Energy, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, AIAA Journal, Results in Physics, Astronautica Acta, Journal of Spray and Combustion Dynamics, Chaos